Sunday 26 January 2014

The Ghost of Poe

If one day while I'm still of this earth,
We could raise the dead, a modern rebirth,
There is something you should know,
I would raise the ghost of Edgar Allen Poe. 

I wouldn't sit there and ask about his greatest work,
I would be there smiling, acting like a cheerful jerk,
For what if he wrote a love story like air,
Feeling good, fresh, no death or despair. 
Could this  be his greatest work to date?
But I wouldn't stop there, just you wait!

I would raise the ghost of Mozart too,
A true anarchist, through and through,
Give him a guitar and amp to clunk,
What are the odds his music would come out punk?!?
Forget Sid Vicious, there's nothing to compare!
Mozart's the anarchist, the rebel, this I declare.

So what about someone unfamous, like me,
Would anyone raise my ghost, just to see?
What could I do in a thousand years time?
Maybe just to see, I think it's time I die!

No comments:

Post a Comment