Tuesday 6 August 2013

Hybrid Rider (bike before date)

A bike life started at the age of 5,
Tried to pull a wheelie, I don't know why!
Full speed ahead from the top of my street,
Pulled both brakes, didn't land on my feet!
Face first into the ground but what happened next,
In the hospital, child abuse is what they suspect,
I tell them my story of my two wheel machine,
Laughter all around, all consciences are clean,
By age 13 I got my first bmx, grey haro bike,
I never knew how much this would change my life!
Dirt jumping, street riding, parks and flatland too,
Anything I could think on this beast is what I tried to do,
Stair sets, doubles, half pipes and spines,
I'll go for all of them, this life is mine!
My mind used my body as a wager,
So I smiled in the eyes of danger,
Until I hit my bike before date,
Age 22, barspins were such a mistake!
One rolled ankle, cast on for weeks,
Tried riding but it would always tweak,
My bike before date was age 23,
This is it, biking's over for me,
I mope and I sorrow, loss of fun,
So that's when I decided to run,
Competing is fun you get such a buzz,
But training is dull, not as fun because,
There are no crowds, no intense sessions,
No huge speeds or life long lessons,
Until I find my bike before date was a lie,
I borrow a hybrid bike from some guy,
The wheels are too big, the bars are too wide,
What is this gear thing? But boy did it fly!
So lets move forward onto a road bike,
This is when I knew I hadn't hit my bike before life!
Viking Echelon top end entry level,
That should do me, where's the pedals?!?
A few more tweaks here and there,
Cleats, pedals, water bottle and spares,
Now I don't think like any road biker does,
My bmx background makes me quite tough,
I see an object within my path,
Heading towards it at speed, swerve or crash?
Neither you see as I'm a hybrid rider,
I bunny hop over it and try to get higher,
Adrenaline pumping through my veins again,
Bike before age? HA! It'll take more than pain!
For I am a hybrid, mixture of riders,
Bmxer for life, road rider for surviver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment